The focus of this issue is on the process of learning. Submitted
topics may address questions such as those presented below:
These are a few of the questions raised by the topic, the
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning. As teachers, we need to be not only masters
of our disciplines but also masters of the learning process. As
teacher-scholars, we investigate teaching strategies, pose hypotheses about
learning that can be tested, and assess outcomes in the context of
various disciplines and various learning paradigms. The result is a
reflective, on-going process and a "meta-pedagogy" that is dynamic.
- What does it mean "to learn"?
- What kinds of teaching strategies maximize student learning?
- How do affective factors such as feelings and emotions
- How do cognitive and environmental factors influence
- Are there cognitive/affective interactions or
affective/environmental interactions or even cognitive/environmental interactions
that impact learning?
- What are the essential elements of effective teaching or
Who May Submit:
Faculty, administrators, librarians and graduate students.
Please identify your submission with keyword: SOTL-7
Academic Exchange Quarterly print edition
since 1997 a subscription based journal
has authors and readers in 50+ countries
AEQ print/paper edition =
wide global recognition
IMPACT FACTOR: 5-6 by Google Scholar Metrics,
see 15 publications with Academic Exchange Quarterly
in the 5th entry.